For those who are not satisfied with kilometers, wish to test their limits to the full extent!
|Category||Start Time||Cut-Off Time||Cut-off Hour|
|RFSL 100 mile||Friday 6:00 pm||34 Hours||04:00 (am)|
The racecourse of the Salt Lake is totally flat and there is no ascent or descent.
Runners are supposed to follow the course regarding the color code and the order stated on the graphic.
100 Mile runners are supposed to collect the different “wristbands” at the “wristband points (B.N)” and deliver them to the Checkpoint (CP 1) in every passage.
The course order will be as follows:
100 Mile (Colors will be followed by the order)
blue > green > orange > blue
This route is repeated 4 times and then reaches to the finish.
100 mile athletes will pass the CP1 for 12 times and pass DropBag CP for 3 times.
Participants may deliver their desired bag to be kept in the DropBag CP in order to use it during the race (in each pass of DropBag CP)
|August 28th, 2020, Friday|
|10:00||Opening of the camp site|
|12:00 – 20:00||Registration & Delivery of Race Kits|
|12:00 – 14:00||100 Mile Pasta Party|
|16:00||100 Mile Technical Briefing|
|18:00||100 Mile Start|
|August 29th, 2020, Saturday|
|13:30||Estimated First Finish (100 Mile)|
|August 30th, 2020, Sunday|
|08:00 – 09:00||Breakfast|
Due to Covid-19 process, the organization will apply the rules in line with the announced recommendations for measures and practices by the Ministry of Health and the Athletics Federation (Athletics Federation of Turkey’s special contests manual). Depending on the pandemic process, the rules can be updated and changed. All rule updates will be posted on the event’s official "Race Rules" page. The participants are obliged to follow these rules regularly until the race day.
About PCR Test:
The necessary petitions have been sent to the Athletics Federation of Turkey in order to change / remove the mandatory test clause in the manual. The Federation's decision is expected. We will inform our participants about the developments on this subject.
The clause in the article of Athletics Federation of Turkey’s special contests manual issued on 06/30/2020:
“It is mandatory to ask for Covid-19 PCR Test. Registrations will be closed 2 days before the event and the participants must submit the negative PCR test of himself/herself which is concluded at least 72 hours before."
1- The participation quota is limited with 30 runners.
2- All starts will be given sequentially and intermittently, to minimize social contact. The time of the athletes will be measured starting from the moment the electronic chip measurement system is passed.
3- Courses must be completed within the cut-off times given in the racecourse detail page of every category. Exceeding the time limit will result in disqualification.
4- Participants have to stop by at the checkpoints of the given category. Not stopping by at the related checkpoints will result in disqualification.
5- Participants will be provided with food supplements, drinking water and hot water at designated checkpoints. Social distance rules will apply at control points. Necessary measures will be taken by the organization, with a maximum of 3 people at a checkpoint.
6- There will be water support at checkpoints for every participant. All participants are supposed to get enough water. There will be a penalty if the runner gets a serum because of dehydration. (1st serum: 2 hours penalty, 2nd serum: 4 hours penalty, 3rd serum: disqualification.
7- Participants are supposed to carry all the mandatory equipment stated in each category’s detail page. The ones who do not carry the mandatory equipment will result in disqualification. Referees and staff have a right to check the mandatory equipment in anytime during the race. For any reason, lack of any mandatory equipment will result in disqualification.
8- Runners must be minimum 18 years old.
9- Littering in the race course will be punished with 2 hours at the first time, and result in disqualification in case it’s repeated.
10- Behaviors that persistently disturb other runners can lead to disqualification from the race. To allow this decision depends only to the racing director.
11- Participants are expected to fill in the form under the application tab on this website and deposit the fee for the relevant category for the registration to be completed. The bib numbers are obligatory to wear during the race and will be delivered at the registration desk on the indicated hours at the program.
12- Cancellation and Refund policies are stated in the “Participation Fee” section.
13- Registrations will be closed in August 24th, 2020. After this date; no revision & change in the categories will be accepted. In case of reaching participation quota, registrations might be closed before the given date.
14- 100 mile participants must present their health report indicating that there is no obstacle to compete in the race. Kindly send your report’s copy to email@example.com and bring the original report to the event area.
Click here for health report example.
15- Organizers and referees hold the right to disqualify a competitor at any stage of the race in case there is a health issue.
16- Partcipants who do not have the materials specified in the list of mandatory materials will not be accepted to the race after the check to be performed before the race.
17- The race requires high level physical and mental endurance. Thus the competitors must be well prepared. Each runner signs a consent letter before the race.
18- Each runners ending time will be determined by adding penalty times, if any. In case of objection, the organization's records will be based. In addition, arrival times will be recorded at each control point.
19- Professional rescue and health teams will be present during the race at all times. Ambulances and the medical teams will be on the designated points along the track. Medicals hold the right to disqualify a competitor in case there is a health issue.
20- The race director is responsible of the race track and management during the race. The map of the race course will be delivered to competitors before the race. The race course can be changed by the race director due to weather conditions or other reasons. Race director briefs the competitors on the final information before the race.
21- Runners can commit their precious belongings and other belongings to staff before the race. These will be returned at the end of the race. In line with the Covid-19 precautions, there will be no contact with the bags delivered except for the runners, including the organization teams. Participants will receive their belongings by showing their tickets from the specially reserved area. The responsibility of the equipment that will be carried in the backpacks during the race belongs to the runner.
22- No refunds will be paid in case of absence of the mandatory equipment or breaking any of the rules above and in case of disqualification by the referee decision.
23- Participants can leave the race at any point they want. In order to be deemed to have left the race, the organization must be informed.
24- All registered runners are responsible for collecting their race kits before the race. No kits will be delivered after the race.
25- Participants are supposed to complete the racecourse and reach the checkpoints within the given cut-off times.
26- Participants who are not able to complete the courses in given times will be disqualified and will be transferred to the finish line by the organization.
27- Disqualified / Withdrawn runners will NOT be allowed to continue in the race for any.
• Participants are obliged to comply with all warning signs, rules and warnings in the camp area, which will be prepared in accordance with social distance rules.
• For accommodation, tents will not be provided by the organization. Each participant will bring their individual tent and accommodate in the private area reserved for the tents.
▪ Only participants, organizers and press will be taken to the camp site.
▪ Fever measurement will be carried out at the camp entrance for all participants.
▪ It is mandatory to wear a mask in the camp area.
▪ Coffee and kettle machines will not be used except authorized personnel. It will be served by the authorities considering the social distance.
▪ The meals to be provided by the organization in the camp will be served with single-use services.
▪ It is mandatory to wear a mask during breakfast and meal delivery hours.
▪ Open shower system will be used in the camp in accordance with the social distance.
▪ Private toilet areas are reserved for athletes only, and will be regularly disinfected by teams appointed by local governments after each use.
▪ Personal materials such as Chairs, Mat, Sleeping Pads will be provided by the participants. No accommodation equipment will be provided by the organization.
▪ Social distance rules between tables, chairs and tents will apply. A table will be determined for each group of participants and participants will only be able to use the table with their names until the end of the race.
• There will not be any Money prize in the race.
• All finishers receive a special race finisher medal.
• Runners who are ranked, will receive the trophy and special gifts from the organizer.
• 100 Mile category will be classified as follows:
* General (Men & Women)
* Women / Men Age < 35 (BD: 1986-2002)
* Women / Men Age 35 – 49 (BD: 1971-1985)
* Women / Men > 50 (BD: 1970 and before)
Runfire Salt Lake Ultra 100 Mile registration fees as follows:
|Early Reg.||Standard Reg.|
|01 January 2020 - 29 February 2020||01 March 2020 - 24 August 2020|
Important points about entry:
• Registration to the organization is deemed to have been made by payment of the participation fee of the relevant category.
• Registration is only completed after the payment is made.
• Runner candidates are required to submit a medical report stating that they do not prevent their participation. Licensed athletes may submit their licenses instead of the medical report. These health documents must be submitted with the application. Otherwise, the participant will not be given a chest number. (Health reports received maximum one year ago are accepted.)
• Participants have to present the mandatory equipment in order to collect the bib numbers.
• Registration fees or chest numbers cannot be transferred to another athlete.
• The registration will be closed in August 24th, 2020. In case of reaching the quota (30 participants), the registrations might be closed before the stated date. Services Included in Participance Fee
• Race Kits
- Bib Number
- Race Chip
- RFSL special participation kit
• Food services
- Pasta party (Will be given Friday, July 28th, 2020)
- Breakfast – Lunch – Dinner service
- Finisher meal box (Only for participants)
- Water, tea and coffee services will be free of charge during the open hours of the buffet.
- Hot water will be provided free of charge for those who wish the cook their own food.
IMPORTANT: Apart from the pasta party and the finisher meal boxes, there will NOT be any food options provided free by the organization.
- Free camping area for individual tents
- No individual tents will be provided by the organization.
- Electricity power supply will not be provided to the individual tents. Participants can use common sockets in the event area.
- Health care services
- Security services
- WC – shower services
Mandatory Equipment for 100 Mile:
- Minimum 70% alcohol-based disinfectant
- Minimum 5 medical masks
- Health Report
- Mobile phone and charger
- At least 1 liter of water bottle
- Cup (There will NOT be plastic cups at the checkpoints and NO water will be given in plastic water bottles.)
- Backpack to carry mandatory equipments
- Emergency blanket
- Reflective vest
- Hat / Bandana / Head Cover
- Plaster / Bandage
- Head lamp and spare batteries
- Compass (Digital phone compasses will be accepted)
- Food Support for emergency
- The race will take place in ŞEREFLİKOÇHİSAR area on the Salt Lake.
- Transfers will be delivered as it is stated in the program.
To reach to the campsite with your car:
Participants may reach the location by following the link below which shows the GPS information. Event site will be marked with flags and signs by Şereflikoçhisar Municipality. Google Maps Link:
August 28th, 2020, Friday
12:00 | 15:00 | Şereflikoçhisar Coach Station – Event Area
August 30th, 2020, Sunday
10:30 Event Area – Şereflikoçhisar Coach Station
- Participants who want to stay in the camp site can bring their own tents and settled in the area reserved for tent accommodation by the organization. Social distance rules will be applied in this area.
- There will NOT be any “individual tent” provided by the organization. Electricity power supply will not be provided to the tents. Participants can use common sockets in the event area.
- Only runners will be allowed to stay in the area. Supporters of runners can only be in the area to support athletes during the start and finish hours.
• Although almost the entire route is flat, there will be grounds with irregular and variable hardness, so proper footwear selection and preparation process is very important. Air temperature and the length of the route are also important factors to be considered. The daytime temperatures in the region are about 33-35 degrees and the night temperatures are about 15 degrees. Proper material selection should be made taking into account the difference between day and night temperatures.
• In order to be successful in ultra-marathon, the next most important element of durability and condition is to have a proper diet before and during the race. The balance and strategy of nutrition during the race is as important as your physical endurance. It is appropriate to practice long courses. It is useful to practice running-walking alternatives while training.
• Walking / riding with a backpack puts a strain on different muscle groups. For this reason, at least a part of the training should be done with the backpack, preferably with the backpack to be used in the race, and with similar weight. It will be convenient to do preparation exercises with shoes and bags that you will use in the race.
• It is especially important to be accustomed to long exercises for the ultra-marathon category. At the start of the race, the body must be able to support a walk of at least 8 hours and fewer hops. If possible, training in the heat before the race may be important in terms of adapting the race.
• Strengthening of the back and back muscles is especially important when carrying bags.
Shoes: Running or trekking shoes are recommended. In case of swelling and bandage, it is appropriate to wear 1-2 size bigger shoes. New shoes are definitely not recommended. It is recommended that you practice in the race with shoes beforehand.
Socks: Padded walking or running socks should be preferred. Having a separate sock for each day is suitable for foot health.
Hat and bandana: It is absolutely necessary to use a hat and / or bandana as it will be exposed to sunlight at high altitude during the marathon. Visor hats are recommended because it is also protective.
Sun Protection: Sunglasses are essential. It would be very difficult to complete these marathons without them. Sunscreens with high protective properties are absolutely necessary against exposure to high doses of UV rays.
Sleeping Bag: The region is expected to be accordingly.
Mat: The grounds can be stony and hard when camping. Therefore it is beneficial to bring a mat.
Food: In the ultra-marathon category, every runner is free to bring his/her own food. It is important to pay attention to salt intake. For this reason, it is recommended to consume plenty of salt and / or take salt tablets during the race. Food / nutritional supplements that are preferably intended to be consumed during running will be supplied by the runners and can be carried in backpacks.
Water Transport and Drinking Systems: Sufficient water will be provided at the control points. Drinking at intervals instead of drinking at once will be more effective and healthy. For this reason, water tanks should be preferred for hands-free running.
100 Mil Participant List (20)
|Name Surname||Nationality||Gender||Classification||Reg. Status|
|eyüp kutluhan doğan||Man||35-49||Confirmed|
|vesile yılmaz anatca||Woman||35-49||Confirmed|
|emin emre eren||Man||35-49||Pending|
|seda nur çelik||Woman||35-||Confirmed|