Not the experience but the thrill is needed! Here is the category for those who will taste the spirit of the great Salt Lake, enjoy this amazing race!
Get ready for a lifetime running experience on a path that out of this world! 10K, 20K, 40K, 80K and 100 Mile categories await for everyone from inexperienced runners to the professional athletes.
|Category||Start Time||Cut-Off Time||Cut-off Hour|
|RFSL 10k||Saturday 09:00 (am)||2 Hours||11:00|
The racecourse of the Salt Lake is totally flat and there is no ascent or descent.
Runners are supposed to follow the course regarding the color code and the order stated on the graphic.
10K runners follow the blue line and turn back from the “Turning Point”. Then reach to the finish line.
|August 18th, 2023, Friday|
|10:00||Opening of Camp Area|
|12:00 - 20:00||Registrations & Kit Delivery (All Categories)|
|12:00 – 14:00||100 Mile Pasta Party|
|16:00||100 Mil Briefing|
|18:00||START - 100 Mile / 160K Relay Race|
|18:30||10K - 20K - 40K - 80K Briefing|
|19:00||Pasta Party (General)|
|19:30||Fire Up - DJ Music|
|August 19th, 2023, Saturday|
|06:00 – 07:00||Late Kit Delivery|
|07:00||START 40K & 80K / 40K & 80K Relay Race|
|09:00||START 10K & 20K|
|10:30||Expected First 20K Finish|
|11:30||Expected First 40K Finish|
|13:30||Expected First 100Miles Finish|
|14:00||Award Ceremony for 10K - 20K - 40K & 40K - 80K Relay Race|
|17:00||Expected First 80K Finish|
|August 20st, 2023, Sunday|
|10:00||Award Ceremony for 80K & 100 Mile - 160K Relay Race|
|10:30||Leaving the Camp Site|
Due to the COVID-19 process, the organization will apply the rules in line with the announced recommendations for measures and practices by the Ministry of Health and the Athletics Federation (the Athletics Federation of Turkey’s special contests manual). Depending on the pandemic process, the rules can be updated or changed. All rule updates will be posted on the event’s official "Race Rules" page. The participants are obliged to follow these rules regularly until the race day.
- The participation quota is limited to 1000 runners. The time of the athletes will be measured starting from the moment the electronic chip measurement system is passed.
- Courses must be completed within the cut-off times given on the racecourse detail page of every category. Exceeding the time limit will result in disqualification.
- Participants have to stop by at the checkpoints of the given category. Not stopping by at the related checkpoints will result in disqualification.
- Participants have to stop at the checkpoints in the given category. Not stopping at the related checkpoints will result in disqualification.
- Participants will be provided with food supplements, drinking water, and hot water at designated checkpoints. Social distance rules will apply at control points. Necessary measures will be taken by the organization, with a maximum of 3 people at a checkpoint.
- There will be water support at checkpoints for every participant. All participants are supposed to get enough water. There will be a penalty if the runner gets a serum because of dehydration. (1st serum: 2 hour penalty; 2nd serum: 4 hour penalty; 3rd serum: disqualification.
- Participants are supposed to carry all the mandatory equipment stated in each category’s detail page. The ones who do not carry the mandatory equipment will result in disqualification. Referees and staff have a right to check the mandatory equipment in anytime during the race. For any reason, the lack of any mandatory equipment will result in disqualification.
- Runners must be minimum 18 years old.
- For participants under the age of 18, parents must fill out a waiver form.
- Littering in the race course will be punished with 2 hours at the first time, and result in disqualification in case it’s repeated.
- Behaviors that persistently disturb other runners can lead to disqualification from the race. To allow this decision depends only to the racing director.
- Participants are expected to fill in the form under the application tab on this website and deposit the fee for the relevant category for the registration to be completed. The bib numbers are obligatory to wear during the race and will be delivered at the registration desk on the indicated hours at the program.
- Cancellation and Refund policies are stated in the “Participation Fee” section.
- Registrations will be closed on August 14th, 2023, at 17:00. After this date; no revisions or changes to the categories will be accepted. In the event that we reach our participation quota, registrations might be closed before the given date.
- 10k participants must present their health report indicating that there is no obstacle to compete in the race.
» Click here for health report example.
You can e-mail your health report to email@example.com or submit it in original at the registration desk.
- Organizers and referees hold the right to disqualify a competitor at any stage of the race in case there is a health issue.
- Partcipants who do not have the materials specified in the list of mandatory materials will not be accepted to the race after the check to be performed before the race.
- The race requires high level physical and mental endurance. Thus the competitors must be well prepared. Each runner signs a consent letter before the race.
- Each runners ending time will be determined by adding penalty times, if any. In case of objection, the organization's records will be based. In addition, arrival times will be recorded at each control point.
- Professional rescue and health teams will be present during the race at all times. Ambulances and the medical teams will be on the designated points along the track. Medicals hold the right to disqualify a competitor in case there is a health issue.
- The race director is responsible of the race track and management during the race. The map of the race course will be delivered to competitors before the race. The race course can be changed by the race director due to weather conditions or other reasons. Race director briefs the competitors on the final information before the race.
- Runners can commit their precious belongings and other belongings to staff before the race. These will be returned at the end of the race. In line with the Covid-19 precautions, there will be no contact with the bags delivered except for the runners, including the organization teams. Participants will receive their belongings by showing their tickets from the specially reserved area. The responsibility of the equipment that will be carried in the backpacks during the race belongs to the runner.
- No refunds will be paid in case of absence of the mandatory equipment or breaking any of the rules above and in case of disqualification by the referee decision.
- Participants can leave the race at any point they want. In order to be deemed to have left the race, the organization must be informed.
- All registered runners are responsible for collecting their race kits before the race. No kits will be delivered after the race.
- Participants are supposed to complete the racecourse and reach the checkpoints within the given cut-off times.
- Participants who are not able to complete the courses in given times will be disqualified and will be transferred to the finish line by the organization.
- Disqualified / Withdrawn runners will NOT be allowed to continue in the race for any.
Following situations will be resulted in disqualification:
• Not complying with the social distance and health rules specified by the organization before and during the race
• Not passing by the checkpoints.
• Littering in the racecourse (except the checkpoints)
• Not carrying the bib number and the chip system properly
• Refusing the health check or mandatory equipment check by the organizer
• Not carrying the mandatory equipment during the race.
All registered runners are deemed to have accepted all of the race rules.
• Participants are obliged to comply with all warning signs, rules, and warnings in the camp area, which will be prepared in accordance with social distance rules.
• For accommodation, tents will not be provided by the organization. Each participant will bring their individual tent and accommodate in the private area reserved for the tents.
▪ Only participants, organizers and press will be taken to the camp site.
▪ A fever measurement will be carried out at the camp entrance for all participants.
▪ It is mandatory to wear a mask in the camp area.
▪ Coffee and kettle machines will not be used except by authorized personnel. It will be served by the authorities, considering the social distance.
▪ The meals to be provided by the organization in the camp will be served with single-use utensils.
▪ It is mandatory to wear a mask during breakfast and meal delivery hours.
▪ Open shower system will be used in the camp in accordance with the social distance.
▪ Private toilet areas are reserved for athletes only, and will be regularly disinfected by teams appointed by local governments after each use.
▪ Personal materials such as chairs, mats, and sleeping pads will be provided by the participants. No accommodation equipment will be provided by the organization.
▪ Social distance rules between tables, chairs, and tents will apply. A table will be determined for each group of participants, and participants will only be able to use the table with their names until the end of the race.
• There will not be any Money prize in the race.
• All finishers receive a special race finisher medal.
• Runners who are ranked, will receive the trophy and special gifts from the organizer.
• In the 10K category, only general classifications of men and women will be made.
All handicapped athletes will receive special medals.
Athletes who want to participate in the RFSL 100 MIL category must have completed a race with a distance of at least 50 KM in the last 2 years.
Runfire Salt Lake Ultra 10k registration fees as follows:
|Early Reg.||Standard Reg.|
|01.02.2023 - 15.04.2023||16.04.2023 - 14.08.2023|
Important points about entry:
• Registration to the organization is deemed to have been made by payment of the participation fee of the relevant category.
• Registration is only completed after the payment is made.
• Runner candidates are required to submit a medical report stating that they do not prevent their participation. Licensed athletes may submit their licenses instead of the medical report. These health documents must be submitted with the application. Otherwise, the participant will not be given a chest number. (Health reports received maximum one year ago are accepted.)
• Participants have to present the mandatory equipment in order to collect the bib numbers.
• Registration fees or chest numbers cannot be transferred to another athlete.
• The registration will be closed on August 14, 2023, at 17:00.
• In case of reaching the quota (1000 participants), the registrations might be closed before the stated date.
Services Included in Participance Fee
• Race Kits
- Bib Number
- Race Chip
- Promotional Textile Product
• Food services
Important note: Apart from the pasta party and competitor finisher packages to be held on Friday, August 18, there are no food options to be provided by the organization at the campsite.
- Pasta party (Will be given Friday, August 18th, 2023)
- There will be paid morning, lunch, and evening meal services in the event area.
- Finisher meal box (Only for participants)
- Hot water will be provided free of charge for those who wish the cook their own food.
- Free camping area for individual tents
- No individual tents will be provided by the organization.
- Electricity power supply will not be provided to the individual tents. Participants can use common sockets in the event area.
- Health care services
- Security services
- WC – shower services
- In addition to the facility toilet in the area, an extra caravan toilet and outdoor shower service will be provided free of charge for the participants. (There is no hot water in the showers)
Mandatory Equipment for 10K:
- Mobile phone
- Hat / Bandana / Head Cover
- Water bottle or Cup (There will NOT be plastic cups at the checkpoints and NO water will be given in plastic water bottles.)
- The race will take place in ŞEREFLİKOÇHİSAR area on the Salt Lake.
- For Ankara - Şereflikoçhisar transportation and partnered hotels in Şereflikoçhisar region, you can contact Latitude Tour at the following number:
532 663 0555
Arriving to Location by Private Vehicle:
Participants can reach the location on the Ankara - Aksaray road via the GPS link shared below in their private vehicles. The event area will be marked with flags and signs by the organization and Şereflikochisar Municipality.
- To reach to the campsite by your car, you can follow the marked point in the map: Google Maps - Camp Area Location
Free shuttle hours: Şereflikochisar Bus Terminal-Event Area: will be announced.
You can reach Latitude Tour from the number below for partner hotels and hostels in the Şereflikochisar region.
+90 532 663 0555
Collective yörük tent for accommodation options, you can contact Latitude Tour at the following number; +90 532 663 0555
Collectiv Yörük Tents are 16 m2 in size, and four people can fit inside. Groups can be accommodated with fewer or more people.
-There is ordinary electricity inside the tent in collective yörük tents.
-The floor and 4 walls of the nomadic tents are covered and made from original goat hair.
Participants who want to stay in the camping area can bring their own tents and settle in the area reserved for tent accommodation by the organization.
The organization will not provide individual tents. Competitors who wish can come to the field with their own tents and set up their tents free of charge in their area.
No separate electricity service will be provided to individual tents. Participants who wish can use the sockets in the common areas.
In addition to the facility toilet in the area, an extra caravan toilet and outdoor shower service will be provided free of charge for the participants. (There is no hot water in the showers)
• Although almost the entire route is flat, there will be grounds with irregular and variable hardness, so proper footwear selection and preparation process is very important. Air temperature and the length of the route are also important factors to be considered. The daytime temperatures in the region are about 33-35 degrees and the night temperatures are about 15 degrees. Proper material selection should be made taking into account the difference between day and night temperatures.
• In order to be successful in ultra-marathon, the next most important element of durability and condition is to have a proper diet before and during the race. The balance and strategy of nutrition during the race is as important as your physical endurance. It is appropriate to practice long courses. It is useful to practice running-walking alternatives while training.
• Walking / riding with a backpack puts a strain on different muscle groups. For this reason, at least a part of the training should be done with the backpack, preferably with the backpack to be used in the race, and with similar weight. It will be convenient to do preparation exercises with shoes and bags that you will use in the race.
• It is especially important to be accustomed to long exercises for the ultra-marathon category. At the start of the race, the body must be able to support a walk of at least 8 hours and fewer hops. If possible, training in the heat before the race may be important in terms of adapting the race.
• Strengthening of the back and back muscles is especially important when carrying bags.
Shoes: Running or trekking shoes are recommended. In case of swelling and bandage, it is appropriate to wear 1-2 size bigger shoes. New shoes are definitely not recommended. It is recommended that you practice in the race with shoes beforehand.
Socks: Padded walking or running socks should be preferred. Having a separate sock for each day is suitable for foot health.
Hat and bandana: It is absolutely necessary to use a hat and / or bandana as it will be exposed to sunlight at high altitude during the marathon. Visor hats are recommended because it is also protective.
Sun Protection: Sunglasses are essential. It would be very difficult to complete these marathons without them. Sunscreens with high protective properties are absolutely necessary against exposure to high doses of UV rays.
Sleeping Bag: The region is expected to be accordingly.
Mat: The grounds can be stony and hard when camping. Therefore it is beneficial to bring a mat.
Food: In the ultra-marathon category, every runner is free to bring his/her own food. It is important to pay attention to salt intake. For this reason, it is recommended to consume plenty of salt and / or take salt tablets during the race. Food / nutritional supplements that are preferably intended to be consumed during running will be supplied by the runners and can be carried in backpacks.
Water Transport and Drinking Systems: Sufficient water will be provided at the control points. Drinking at intervals instead of drinking at once will be more effective and healthy. For this reason, water tanks should be preferred for hands-free running.